Close X

Who may file a petition to serve as administrator of an estate in New York?

New York Surrogate's Court Procedure Act section 1001 provides that any person interested in the estate of an intestate or any person to whose appointment as administrator, in which all distributees consent under SCPA section 1001 or a public administrator, the chief fiscal officer of the county, creditor or a person interested in an action brought or about to be brought in which the intestate, if living, would be a proper party may present a petition to the court for a decree granting letters of administration to him or another person.

Bronx, New York probate lawyer Bryan J. Hutchinson will guide you through the complexities of the administration process in gathering all the assets of the estate, paying expenses such as taxes, paying claims, and distributing assets to rightful heirs at law. Call Bryan J. Hutchinson at (718) 671-0900 for a confidential consultation.

Bronx probate lawyer Bryan J. Hutchinson, represents clients in all aspects of probate and administration proceedings, including but not limited to preparing and filing the petition, Will contest, accounting proceedings in the Surrogate's Court in the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Westchester Counties.