Close X

What is the New York Civilian Complaint Review Board?

If you or your loved one has been a victim of police misconduct you have a right to file a complaint with the New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB). You have the right to file a complaint even if you are incarcerated.

Within 18 months of the date of the incident, the offending officer must be served with the CCRB disciplinary charges.  Therefore, you must act promptly or the offender may escape discipline. The law creates an exception to this deadline if the officer's conduct is a crime.

You should file a complaint to protect your civil liberties and create a record of the misconduct. It will aid in correcting the police officer's conduct in the future or help change police policies and procedures.


Get the legal help you deserve.

At the Law Office Bryan Hutchinson, PLLC, we focus on personal injury, divorce, and probate and estate administration. We are dedicated advocates, committed to protecting your rights with vigor and understanding. Our approach combines zealous advocacy with a deep concern for your unique situation, ensuring that your case is handled with both determination and care."

Contact us today

The Law Office Bryan Hutchinson, PLLC is committed to answering your questions about personal injury, divorce, and probate and estate administration issues in New York. We offer free personal injury consultations and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Law Office of Bryan J. Hutchinson, PLLC
Mon: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm