Close X

What can you do if the Decedent's Will is in a safe deposit box?

A Will search petition may be filed with the Surrogate's Court to issue an ex parte order directing that the safe deposit box be opened and an inventory of the items taken. The court will order that the Will be sent to the court by personal delivery or by registered mail. See SCPA § 2003; 20 NYCRR § 360.2).

Get the legal help you deserve.

At the Law Office Bryan Hutchinson, PLLC, we focus on personal injury, divorce, and probate and estate administration. We are here to listen to you and help you navigate the legal system.

Contact us today

The Law Office Bryan Hutchinson, PLLC is committed to answering your questions about personal injury, divorce, and probate and estate administration issues in New York. We offer free consultations and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.