Close X

What can I do if my spouse disinherited me from his or her Will?

New York law provides a surviving spouse with a “Right of Election” to take the greater of $50,000 or one-third of the net share of the deceased spouse's estate. The Right of Election must be exercised within six months from the date of letters of testamentary were issued to the Executor. It must be filed no later than two years after the date of death.

Our Bronx probate lawyer Bryan J. Hutchinson will fight to get your elective share of the property you deserve. Call (718) 671-0900 for a confidential consultation.

Get the legal help you deserve.

At the Law Office Bryan Hutchinson, PLLC, we focus on personal injury, divorce, and probate and estate administration. We are dedicated advocates, committed to protecting your rights with vigor and understanding. Our approach combines zealous advocacy with a deep concern for your unique situation, ensuring that your case is handled with both determination and care."

Contact us today

The Law Office Bryan Hutchinson, PLLC is committed to answering your questions about personal injury, divorce, and probate and estate administration issues in New York. We offer free personal injury consultations and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Law Office of Bryan J. Hutchinson, PLLC
Mon: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm